Daley & Company CPA LLP is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Kamloops office. Working at our firm, our team enjoys four day weekends on BC Day and Labour Day and Fridays off in August with an extended office closure at Christmas. Benefits including life, disability, extended health including dental and eye glass coverage, plus a $500 physical wellness reimbursement and 50 hours per year of personal care time. Take advantage of our RSP matching program, and annual retreat, monthly office socials and formal performance evaluations.
- Provide intermediate level administrative support to Partners, Senior Managers, Managers and their Tax and Audit/Assurance teams.
- Coordinate, prepare, edit and proofread documents such as correspondence, presentations, and reports using various software
- Proactively and independently manage the partners' calendar and contact database in order to maximize best use of the partners' time.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of time and expense reports for Partners.
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, video conferences, while organizing materials and taking minutes where necessary
- Coordinate and update contact information ensuring accuracy when entered into the internal database
- Assist with tax return assembly as required, but not limited to T1, T4, T5, T3, etc.
- Assist with support documentation for various corporate year end engagements
- Efile or paper-file corporate tax returns.
- Maintain and update a tracking system, to provide weekly and monthly updates to ensure deadlines are met
- Set up of projects in database
- Assisting with receptionist roles and responsibilities
- Preparing mail and courier packages for delivery
- Participate in training to stay current with specific technical software
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, representatives and team members
- Proactive, self-starter that has proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and have a flexible schedule to meet deadlines at times throughout the year.
- Proven success of completing work with a high degree of accuracy and detail, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proven success of working independently within a team environment providing high quality of work and customer service to all staff.
- Background in an accounting or legal field is considered an asset
- Previous experience with Profile, and Caseware/JAZZ – it would be considered an asset.
If you are an individual who believes in superior client service, takes pride in a job well done and are interested in working in a team-oriented environment, please forward your resume by February 15th, 2019 to:
Daley & Company LLP
Chartered Professional Accountants
900 – 235 First Avenue
Attention: Laura Craik, Human Resources Manager
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.