On behalf our client PBC Group, we are seeking applications for a full time Controller for Orchards Walk Development Operations in Kamloops, British Columbia. Joining the PCB Group will provide you a tremendous opportunity for growth and valuable experience in the fast-paced real estate and construction sector. The Controller will work directly with Senior-Level Management supporting the execution of Orchards Walk Development Operations.
PBC Group has been involved professionally, operationally and at a consulting level with all facets of real estate development, construction, financing, asset management and ownership for over 30 years. We take pride in our ability to create value for our clients. PBC Group has maintained the company’s culture by being fully present and accountable at every stage of every project. Our business strategy is to develop long term relationships with our clients.
PBC Real Estate Advisors Inc. is engaged through limited partnerships to pursue, acquire, fund and manage various real estate assets including land, real property and mortgages on behalf of its limited partners. The limited partners are mainly large institutional clients with assets under management in Nova Scotia, Québec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
For more information visit us at: www.pbcgroup.ca and www.orchardswalk.com
- Responsible for tracking on-going investments performance, real estate development and construction activities
- Responsible for the management of the accounting operations for Orchards Walk Developments, related companies and the development.
- Oversee and manage Kamloops accounting staff
- Full cycle accounting, maintenance of adequate accounting system and comprehensive set of controls and budgets for accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Production of timely and accurate quarterly and yearly financial reports including year-end files
- Review, maintain and monitor timely and accurate development and construction budgets in Corecon (project management software).
- Responsible for the coordination of information provided to external auditors for annual audits.
- Cash management (including cash requirements and distributions) to maximize returns on investment to our investors
- Accurate and timely processing of payroll
- Preparation and filing of GST reports as required
- Preparation and accurate review of monthly development and construction draw/progress monitor reports
- Residential and commercial rental income financial reporting, including commercial operating cost recoveries
- Liaise with PBC’s CFO and Controller (based in Ottawa) as required
Qualifications, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Holds a relevant designation or bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- A professional designation is considered an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Financial Reporting
- Background in real estate, construction, property management or commercial leasing is considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, MS Power Point, Acrobat Adobe and expert level in Excel
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented, deadline driven, self-motivated, and organized individual who works well in a collaborative environment
Please send your resume by April 26, 2019 to:
Attention: Laura Craik, Human Resources Manager
Daley & Company LLP
Chartered Professional Accountants
200-206 Seymour St.
Kamloops, BC V2C 6P5
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.