Daley & Company Chartered Professional Accountants is accepting applications for a CPA Student / Staff Accountant to join our Kamloops office. The successful candidate will be in their final year of study in Accounting/Management/Business degree program who will meet the pre-requisites for enrolment in the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) upon graduation.
- Preparation of review and notice to reader working paper files, including unaudited financial statements.
- Completion of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Completing monthly book of accounts.
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements while maintaining relevant documentation as backup to support entries.
- Preparation of year-end working papers in accordance with established standards.
- Preparation of T4/T4A/T5 Returns, NR4 returns, and WCB returns.
- Preparation of GST and PST returns as required.
- Basic bookkeeping required to complete files.
- Financial analysis provided as requested on an ad-hoc basis.
- Maintaining client relationships to ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, representatives and team members.
- Proactive, self-starter that strives to develop through continuously learning from experience and seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
- Previous experience in accounting would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience with Quickbooks, Simply Accounting and Caseware would be considered an asset.
If you are an individual who believes in superior client service, takes pride in a job well done and are interested in working in a team-oriented environment, please forward your resume by October 31, 2018 to:
Daley & Company LLP
Chartered Professional Accountants
900 – 235 First Avenue
Attention: Laura Craik, CPHR Human Resources Manager
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.