Daley & Company CPA LLP is looking for a Tax Manager to join our Kamloops office full or part time. Working at our firm, our team enjoys four-day weekends on BC Day and Labour Day and Fridays off in August with an extended office closure at Christmas. Benefits including life, disability, extended health including dental and eye glass coverage, plus a $500 physical wellness reimbursement and 50 hours per year of personal care time. Take advantage of our RSP matching program, and annual retreat, monthly office socials and formal performance evaluations.
- Develop and maintain client and staff relationships; managing expectations and ensuring satisfaction.
- Directly prepare and manage tax engagements.
- Manage the efficient completion of tax engagements.
- Assist with and review, Canada Revenue Agency audits, requests for information, queries, and Notices of Objection.
- Correspond with clients and liaise with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Plan, execute, and complete tax projects across a wide variety of industries.
- Provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients and staff.
- Assist with, and review, income tax returns and information return for corporations, trusts, and individuals, including non-residents of Canada.
- Review working paper files and support for tax driven engagements.
- Develop the skills, capabilities, competencies and potential of staff through supervision, coaching, mentoring, evaluations, and internal training.
- Manage team workload requirements.
Qualifications, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- CPA (or equivalent) professional designation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, representatives and team members.
- Proactive, self-starter that strives to develop through continuously learning from experience and seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
- Proven ability to contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters development and a positive attitude.
- Proven ability to leverage technology to maximize productivity is an asset. Previous experience with Profile, Quickbooks, Simply Accounting and Caseware would also be considered an asset.
- Strong ability to research and use critical thinking skills to conclude on tax issues and become an expert with respect to new and changing legislation.
If you are an individual who believes in superior client service, takes pride in a job well done and are interested in working in a team-oriented environment, please forward your resume by Feb 28, 2020 to:
Daley & Company LLP
Chartered Professional Accountants
200-206 Seymour Street
Attention: Laura Craik - Human Resources Manager
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.